When you apply for the USMLE Step 1 or Step 2 Clinical Knowledge, you must choose one of the testing regions from the list of USMLE test center locations below. For each testing region, test centers offering Step 1/Step 2 Clinical Knowledge were located in the countries listed below. However, test center availability is subject to change at any time. Before choosing your testing region, visit the Prometric website or contact them for the most up-to-date information on test center availability and location for Step 1 and Step 2 Clinical Knowledge.
There is no international test delivery surcharge for the testing region of the United States and Canada. You must pay an international test delivery surcharge of $185 for USMLE Step 1 and $210 for USMLE Step 2 Clinical Knowledge if you choose a testing region other than the United States and Canada. The examination fee will not be included in this surcharge.
Let’s get started with our free USMLE practice test to enhance your chance of passing your actual exam with a high score on your first attempt.
USMLE test center locations
USMLE Test Centres for Step 1 and Step 2 Clinical Knowledge
|Testing Regions||Location of Prometric Testing Centers||Step 1 Surcharge||Step 2 Clinical Knowledge Surcharge|
|United States and Canada||Test centers are located in every state of the United States, as well as Puerto Rico, Guam, and the Virgin Islands.||0||0|
|Test centers that are located in the Canadian provinces of|
|Newfoundland and Labrador|
|Select Middle East testing region for centers in Egypt|
|For some centers in India, select the India testing region|
|The People’s Republic of China|
|For Hong Kong, select the Asia testing region|
|For centers that are in the other available cities in the People’s Republic of China, select the China testing region|
|Australia||Australia and New Zealand||160||180|
|China||People’s Republic of China||160||180|
|For Hong Kong, select the Asia testing region.|
|For centers that are in other available cities in the People’s Republic of China, select the China testing region|
|The United Kingdom|
|Trinidad and Tobago|
|United Arab Emirates|
|For the centers in Israel, select the Europe testing region|
USMLE Test Centres for Step 3
Only the United States and its territories will administer Step 3 of the USMLE. The applicant must go to the Prometric website to find a test facility for USMLE Step 3.
How do select USMLE test centers in your location?
Prometric offers testing centers all around the world. As a result, the applicant can easily locate and select a USMLE exam center in their country. However, before choosing a USMLE exam center, the candidate must first register for the USMLE or Step Component.
After you’ve completed your registration, go to the Prometric website and choose a testing date and location.
Steps to select a Usmle test centers
- Prometric provides a variety of tests, including the USMLE, TOEFL, and GRE. From the list of tests, select “USMLE.”
- The candidate must then choose between taking the USMLE step or taking the USMLE practice exam.
- A list of countries will show if Step 1 and Step 2 Clinical Knowledge are selected. Choose one country and a state.
- If Step 3 is selected, a list of USMLE exam centers in the United States and its territories will be displayed, from which the candidate can choose the best option.
- After that, the candidate must schedule the test (explained in detail below)
Scheduling the Usmle test
- The permit will be provided after you have successfully registered for the exam and have met the eligibility requirements.
- Appointment Scheduling: The exam can be scheduled online with Prometric after getting a scheduling permit. To arrange the test, applicants must submit their email addresses and phone number.
- Choose a convenient USMLE test center: Once the test date has been set, choose a convenient USMLE test center. Enter your address or the name of the city to find USMLE test centers within 400 miles of your place.
- Confirm seat availability: It’s critical that the preferred test center isn’t already full; otherwise, it won’t be available. Also, keep in mind that USMLE testing dates must fall within the chosen eligibility period.
- Choose your USMLE exam date: Book the test date if seats are available in the desired USMLE test centers.
FAQs – USMLE test center locations
Where can one take USMLE Steps 1 and 2 Clinical Knowledge?
Prometric conducts Steps 1 and 2 Clinical Knowledge and has USMLE 2022 exam centers all around the world.
How can one select a USMLE 2022 test center?
The candidate must first register for a step, after which they will be provided an eligibility period and a scheduling permit. The candidate can schedule the test using the permit.
In how many test centers USMLE Step 2 CS is conducted?
The Step 2 Clinical Skills (CS) exam will be given in six locations across the United States: Chicago, Atlanta, Los Angeles, Houston, and Philadelphia (2).
Where can I take the USMLE Step 3?
The step is only used in the United States and its territories.
Can I take the Prometric exam from home?
Instead of visiting a computer testing center, Prometric’s ProProctor program allows you to take your exam from the home or another quiet location. You’ll take your exam via video link under the supervision of a live proctor.
Scheduling an exam and finding USMLE test center locations are closely intertwined. Because not all exams are offered at every center, you must first select the exam you want to take in order to locate one near you.
Don’t forget to take our free USMLE practice test at Medtutor to get familiarized with the format as well as the questions of the actual exam to strengthen your knowledge and skills, as a result, enhancing your chance to pass the USMLE exam with a high score on your first attempt. Good luck to you![Sassy_Social_Share]